As the number one cheese ingredient solutions supplier to the UK’s major food manufacturers, retailers and food service customers we’ve achieved rapid, double digit growth over the last five years and ambitious plans for this to continue. ‘AA’ Grade BRC accredited, we’ve invested heavily in systems and plant infrastructure with high speed grating and slicing capability producing over 400mt weekly.
With four Front Line Managers and a production team of approximately 60 across 2 shifts, you will lead your team to deliver against all operational KPIs including labour, waste, OEE, GMP and RFT. You’ll support and drive operational improvements and contribute to cost saving initiatives and ensure a disciplined approach is adopted in all production activity, addressing non-conformances as required.
Key activities will include:
- Manage all shift requirements in line with Engineering, H&S, Cost and Quality standards.
- Report on shift performance and costs, implementing corrective actions as required.
- Lead shift communication through daily and weekly meetings and effective visual management.
- Work with Planning to ensure plan fulfillment, output and quality and OTIF delivery.
- Lead and coach FLMs to ensure effective management of shift teams; ensure training records, compliance with procedure, absence and performance management is monitored
- Monitor product quality and ensure compliance with technical and GMP standards. Support audits and customer visits as required.
- Ensure compliance with all Oracle system requirements to maintain accurate financial data.
- Support CI projects, ensuring delivery within time, cost and resource constraints.
Who are we looking for?
A ‘hands-on’ Manager you’ll have relevant FMCG production management experience, in Food. You will be fully conversant with the technical standards and controls required to meet rigorous food safety requirements and will evidence how you have developed your team to adopt an ‘audit ready’ approach.
It is essential that you are system orientated, with experience of Oracle/ERP/WMS or similar and you will evidence using these internal systems to maintain accurate records, interrogate performance data and develop more effective reporting. Experience of Continuous Improvement approaches including 5S, Visual Management, Problem Solving and One Point Lessons would be ideal, demonstrating your ability to lead and develop your team to get the best possible results.
As Production Manager you will be confident and highly experienced at managing autonomous operational teams, with a high level of responsibility for all operational day to day decisions. You will also work closely with Planning, Technical and Engineering to ensure that your team delivers otimum performance.
The position offers an attractive basic salary, performance bonus and contributory pension scheme. If you are a team player, yet a strong leader who is interested in joining a team of like-minded people in a market leading, KPI focussed, quality driven, business then look no further. To find out more send your details to email@example.com