As the number one cheese ingredient solutions supplier to the UK’s major food manufacturers, retailers and food service customers we’ve achieved rapid, double digit growth over the last five years and ambitious plans for this to continue. ‘AA’ Grade BRC accredited, we’ve invested heavily in systems and plant infrastructure with high speed grating and slicing capability producing over 400mt weekly.
Our Production shift teams are responsible for ensuring that we create quality product that is Right First Time. We now have an opportunity for a Front Line Manager to look after a team of approximately 10-15 colleagues to deliver against all operational KPIs including labour, waste, OEE, GMP and RFT. Reporting directly to the Production Manager, as FLM you’ll be responsible for driving, monitoring and reporting on all your shift targets.
Key activities will include:
- Managing your shift resources to ensure production output targets are met
- Monitoring shift performance and driving your team to achieve KPIs in line with H&S, Cost and Quality standards
- Working with Planning to ensure plan fulfilment, output and quality and OTIF delivery
- Ensuring training records are in place and compliant to demonstrate skills and competence of team
- Managing colleague performance and ensuring team development and communication are in place
- Monitoring product quality and ensuring compliance with technical and GMP standards
- Supporting audits and customer visits as required
- Completing all Oracle system requirements to maintain accurate financial data
- Supporting CI using established tools and techniques
Who are we looking for?
You’ll have relevant FMCG supervisory / Team Leader experience, ideally in a fast-paced, Food Manufacturing environment. You will be fully conversant with the technical standards and controls required to meet rigorous food safety requirements and will evidence how you have developed your team to ensure full understanding and compliance.
It is essential that you are system-orientated, with experience of Oracle/ERP/WMS or similar and you will evidence using these internal systems to maintain accurate records and provide regular performance data. Experience of Continuous Improvement tools and techniques such as 5S and Visual Management would be an advantage.
As FLM you will be confident and able to manage your own workload and decisions. You will possess good communication skills and a willingness to take responsibility for your own area. You will also work closely with Planning, Technical and Engineering to ensure that your team delivers optimum performance.
The position offers an attractive basic salary, performance bonus and contributory pension scheme. If you are a team player, yet a strong leader who is interested in joining a team of like-minded people in a market leading, KPI focussed, quality driven, business then look no further. To apply send your details to firstname.lastname@example.org